Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And we’re two birds of a feather then the rest is just whenever

Date: January 11, 2011
Time: 4:41 pm
Currently listening to: "If It's Love""- Train

Sorry I haven't been updating. Nothing really has been going on. I'm glad to be back at school. I'm only taking one class and I actually get to read books! We read Candide by Voltaire, Native Stranger by Eddie L. Harris, and now we're on to Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward Albee. And it's only what.... The second week of January? Yay for reading a book a day!

Tonight will be interesting. I have to do my first assignment for this class (besides reading). The theme for this class is journeys. First assignment? Go and venture forth on a "journey" that makes you feel uncomfortable and awkward. What makes it even better? Go by yourself.

I've decided to go to this "We Love Jesus" thing that's on every Tuesday night. It's called Ignite. I'm scared shitless.

I was raised in the Catholic faith my whole life. I'm confirmed and all that jazz. But my family isn't really what you call religious. We go to church when we can and we follow the sacraments but we're not the kind of family that will sit around the dinner table asking "Where did you see God today?" There are no crosses or pictures of Jesus Christ hanging on our walls. My father never quotes the Bible when I ask him for advice and my mother never listens to Jesus music.

Gahhh. I'm so nervous. I'm so scared that they'll try and convert me. I don't want to be mean and throw something right back at them. But if they try they'll leave me no choice. Me and God are pretty good right now. I don't want anyone to tell me otherwise.

Wish me luck....

"Born again?! No, I'm not. Excuse me for getting it right the first time."- Dennis Miller.



No comments:

Post a Comment