Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Exhausted and Frustrated College Student's Plea for Help.

Date: December 28th, 2010
Time: 3:05 EST
Currently listening to: Nothing

I don't know if I said this in my last post and I'm too lazy to check so I'll just repeat it. I'm in New York visiting family for Christmas. I've been here for 4 (well now 5) days. I was supposed to leave tonight and everything was supposed to be hunky dory and I would spend New Year's Eve with my boyfriend (because even though we've been dating forever. This would only be our second New Year's together). BUT NO! Something always has to go wrong doesn't it? THE WHOLE FREAKIN EAST COAST HAS TO BE WHITED OUT ON THE MAP BY A FREAKIN BLIZZARD!!!!! But, oh no, it gets better! We called the airport all day and THE EARLIEST they can get us home is JANUARY 4th 2011! AS IN AFTER NEW YEARS! AS IN AFTER CLASSES START! AS IN I WILL NOT HAVE ANYTIME LEFT TO CHILLAX AT HOME IN MY OWN BED!

I'm exhausted, frustrated, and sad all rolled up into one. I'm a mixture of feelings. I am pissed off at the weather and the airports (I mean I'm in New York, I thought they can do anything, WHY CAN'T THEY DEAL WITH THIS?!?!)

So now that I let out all my rage. It's time to calm down. In with the good, out with the bad. We are trying to get an earlier flight by bombarding the airline with calls tomorrow (because we don't want to drive to the airport just to be disappointed). So here is what I'm asking for you readers out there for you to do.

Please pray.

I know that sounds cheesy and weird coming from me. But please. I am pretty desperate to get home before the ball drops and classes start. I am not usually religious but I do believe in the power of prayer when it is used appropriately. And I think this is a perfect time. I will not be happy until I hear "Ladies and Gentleman please lift up your tray tables and put your seats and the upright and locked position. We are now taking off to Portland, Oregon."

All I want to do is go home. Is that too much to ask?

“There's nothing half so pleasant as coming home again.” ~Margaret Elizabeth Sangster

No comments:

Post a Comment