Tuesday, December 21, 2010

So put out your cigarette kiss me on the lips tonight

Date: December 21st, 2010
Time: 1:28 pm
Currently listening to: "1983"- Neon Trees

Sorry it's been awhile. I've just been really busy with finals and stuff. I'm proud to announce my first semester of college is over and I am back home with my family.

Last night was pretty cool. It was around midnight and I was just getting ready to go to bed then out of nowhere my friend texts me saying "do you wanna go see the eclipse?" and, being the space freak that I am, replied 'yes' with a whole bunch of exclamation points. She came over and we made a big thermos of hot chocolate, got into her car, and drove up to Mount Sylvania (which is not really a mountain. more like a big hill.)

We parked and squinted at the sky hoping to catch a glance at the red moon. Unfortunately, the clouds decided to be out and move ever so slowly over the moon. We stayed till the hot chocolate was gone (which was a fail. I didn't add enough chocolate). So we drove around in her car blasting Christmas carols, looking up from time to time to see if we could catch a glimpse of the moon. Then we parked the car in front of my house rolled down the windows and stuck our heads out while listening to a medley of classic rock, christmas carols, and songs from our middle school days. We gave up around 1 because the clouds just wouldn't let up. So some people would say it was classified as a fail.

But I think it was a fun fail.


"What's lamer than lame sauce? Not being able to see the moon on eclipse night." - Janae Sawicki

3 comments:

  1. You have a very interesting blog. Maybe you could blog about sex or something? Go places people are afraid to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Rutherford:

    I'm sorry that I didn't get your comment sooner. But I don't think it's my place to blog about sex. That's one thing I would like to keep private and not spammed all over the Internet for the whole world to see. I think being a college student is enough in itself. What with classes and all the stuff that goes around here. You never know what might happen. I appreciate you reading though :)

    ReplyDelete