Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm rosy as a flushed red apple skin except I've never been as sweet

Date: February 15, 2011
Time: 2:50 pm 
Currently listening to: "Tickle Me Pink"- Johnny Flynn 


Valentines Day is probably my least favorite holiday. Yesterday was that day and I realized why I hated this Hallmark holiday.

I almost have the worst day ever on Valentines Day.

I didn't get to sleep until five in the morning that night since my heater decided to see how hot it could go. When I threw open the window my closet door decided to keep opening and closing with the breeze that was trickling in the stifling hot room.

When I rolled out of bed to go to class I noticed I had a package from my mom. It's a tradition for my mother to give me and my brother something red on Valentines Day. Usually the gifts are quite good. I mean, she doesn't give me diamond earrings but she usually goes out and gets something pretty cool and funky. Last year I got an Alice and Wonderland t shirt with the Red Queen. So I couldn't wait to see what's in the package for this year.

The front desk worker handed me my package and I tore it open right there. I looked inside, there I found... Work out gear. Completed with a bright red sports bra.

WORK OUT GEAR?!?!

See, I know my mom had good intentions buying this stuff for me. But ON VALENTINES DAY?!? While everyone is getting flowers and chocolates?!?  I know it probably sounds bitchy and I'm the scum of the earth for a daughter but seriously work out gear for a surprise? C'mon! That's like getting an old pair of socks for Christmas! So I feel really crummy and tired and shitty the whole day. With not getting enough sleep and knowing the fact I'm the new owner of a brand new red sports bra. And to make things better? I called my boyfriend to say happy valentines day. He doesn't pick up the phone or call me back. He leaves a generic "Happy Valentines Day!" on my FaceBook wall. I knew I picked a winner haha.

But like all fairy tales. This one has a happy ending. My friend is a music major. She plays the guitar and has a killer voice. She records her songs and puts it on YouTube. She texted me late last night and she wanted to me to do harmony on a song she wrote for Valentines Day. So as 12:00 am rolled around and the worst Valentines Day of my life was coming to a close. I sat there with one of my best friends laughing until tears came to our eyes. Wanna see our video? Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQYgDlfmh4&feature=player_embedded#at=13

Have any worse Valentines Day stories than mine? You probably do. Leave me a comment and tell me about it. :)

"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day.  When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon." -Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment