Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I am so not ready for this....

, Date: April 27th, 2011
Time: 11:26 pm 
Currently listening to: ... You'll see. 


Please direct your attention to this video before I continue on with this post. Don't worry it's not Miley getting high on Salvia or Charlie Sheen saying giving birth is "winning".  No folks, it is SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT.

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART TWO TRAILER! As much as I am excited for this movie, I can't help feel a little bit sad. I think I mentioned this in a earlier post but I grew up with Harry Potter. I remember our second grade teacher reading the first book out loud to us in class while we sat down with our peanut butter sandwiches and pizza pockets. Then, just a couple years later, I remember standing in line with my family outside a rickety old theater in my handy dandy purple Harry Potter shirt with Hedwig stitched above a little breast pocket. He doesn't like to admit it now, but I remember my brother being absolutely OBSESSED and I mean OBSESSED with Potter and his gang (He hated the color green because it was Slytherin's colors and he named his stuffed dog Fluffy after the three headed dog that appears in the first book).

JK Rowling has created a masterpiece. She created a whole new world that children and adults can dive right into and discover the magic. People in my writing class hate Rowling and Harry Potter because how big the books are (I think it's on the lines of: the bigger the book the bigger the paycheck? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what they said). But look at it: 7 internationally bestselling books that have been compared to JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and CS Lewis's Narnia, 7 (almost 8) successful movies, tons of memorabilia (wands, chocolate frogs, Bertie Bots Every Flavor Beans, robes, time turners, need I say more?), and A WHOLE FREAKING THEME PARK!

All of this came from A BOOK! An idea that someone manifested into a BOOK! I can't imagine writing something like that. I would be so humble and so grateful. Humble  in the fact that people actually liked my work and grateful that people would want to take it and make it great and turn it into what is like today. It just blows my mind. If I was JK Rowling every day I would wake up, look myself in the mirror and say

"Yes, that's right. You changed the world. You. Are. Awesome."

" It is our choices . . . that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."- JK Rowling 

No comments:

Post a Comment