Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pinch Me Gently

Date: April 17th, 2011
Time: 2:32 am
Currently listening to: "I Wouldn't Mind"- He Is We 


I don't know how to feel. I'm in a weird place tonight, mentally that is. I miss Portland. I miss the quirkyness. I miss the no sales tax. I miss home. I think I'm just exhausted and I need to sleep but I need to be hold tightly and told everything is going to be alright.

I just realized something.

I am terrified of getting old.
I'm just getting used to independence now, I couldn't imagine having to depend on someone like a caregiver to do things for me.
I'm terrified of not being to do things I can do now.
I love being young and having the world at my feet.
Am I crazy? Does everyone feel this way?
Or is it the two thirty-six in the morning and Emily should really be in bed thing?
Anyone?

"You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today. And then one day you find ten years have got behind you. No one told you to run, you missed the starting gun."- Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment