Sunday, April 24, 2011

Your Songs Remind Me

Date: April 24th, 2011
Time: 10:58 pm
Currently listening to: "Swimming"- Florence + The Machine 


So first thing is first, Happy Easter. Hope you guys ate lots of Peeps and bit the heads off of innocent chocolate bunnies.

My weekend was okay, I guess. We had Friday off so I went home, even though I was only away for a week and a half it felt like I've been away from home for months. College is weird like that.

I saw two movies in the theater in two days! I saw "African Cats" with the boyfriend and then "Water for Elephants" with my mom and my brother.

Here is my opinion:

African Cats> Water for Elephants

I mean Water for Elephants wasn't THAT bad. I mean if you didn't read the book you would enjoy the movie. But since Water for Elephants is one of my favorite books (see blog entry: "Step One") I couldn't help but scrutinize and judge every mistake they made. But then again, the books are usually better than the movie. I do, however, appreciate the fact that someone realized the amazing-ness of the book and decided to make the effort to put it on the big silver screen.

African Cats was surprisingly REALLY good. It's a nature flick, following a lion pride and a mother cheetah with her cubs. I learned a lot more about lions and how cool they really are. And I also learned that cheetahs do not roar. They make more of a squeaky sound. Cool, right? YAY FOR LEARNING!

My Easter was alright. I got Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 on DVD from my loving mother. And then my boyfriend decided, ever so chivalrously, to give me his sore throat which I should have saw coming. Since he kept coughing right in my face and didn't bother to cover his mouth. But I was so blinding by love I thought my immune system would have the strength to carry on. BUT I THOUGHT WRONG.

I leave tomorrow morning to go back to school. Back to hell, more like it. Eauuuugh, why can't classes be over already? 4 more weeks!

"Good Idea: Finding Easter eggs on Easter. Bad Idea: Finding Easter eggs on Xmas." - Jack Handy

No comments:

Post a Comment