Thursday, November 4, 2010

Baby don't hurt me no more.

Date: November 4, 2010
Time: 3:10 pm
Currently listening to: All My Loving- The Beatles

Two of my best friends that I've met since I've been here recently got together (Yes, it's a boy and a girl). And I'll admit it I was I thought it was a joke at first. I mean I thought they were just friends. That... text.... a lot. Anyways it's got me thinking... Not to be cheesy or predictable but...

What is love?

Why are people afraid of it?

Why are people desperate for it?

How do you know that person is the one? Do you wake up one morning and all of a sudden it hits you like a semi truck?

Okay I should probably admit something. I have a boyfriend. We've been going out for two years. I told him I loved him when we were going out for only six short months. I agree it's an amazing feeling but... How do you know? There's no test. No symptoms. I look at my boyfriend and can't picture myself with anyone else but I'm talking about the ones who have had their heart broken. How do you move on? How do you learn to love again? How can you look at someone new and not think of your first love?

Okay sorry for the somberness but I am really truly happy for my friends. Witty/bitter sarcastic Emily will come back tomorrow. Pinky promise.

"Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning."- Anonymous



No comments:

Post a Comment