Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Hmm, difficult. VERY difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself."

Date: November 13, 2010
Time: 11:03 pm
Currently listening to: My friends.

Harry Potter. One of the greatest books to be created in my generation. JK Rowling's books have opened our eyes to a whole new world following Harry Potter and his friends. I am a big fan of these books (although not my all time favorite, they are high on the list) and the movies. So, of course, I jumped on the chance to go to a Harry Potter exhibit in Seattle.

Getting to Seattle from Parkland was an adventure. None of my friends have cars so we had to ride the bus. Me and my friends were probably the only white people there (besides one guy that threw us a gang sign when he left). Three transfers and a hour and forty five minutes later we finally made it to the Pacific Science Center. Waiting in front of the line, I became like a little kid outside the candy store. I couldn't wait. Finally me and my friends went in the exhibit by entering into a corridor. A woman with a fake British accent told us the rules and I got the chance to be sorted (yes, I was the only college kid). I got into Gryffindor but we all know I truly belong in Hufflepuff.

During the exhibit my jaw dropped a number of times. The costumes were amazing. I saw Hermione's dress from the Yule Ball (she's so tiny!), Ron's trunk, and a number of Daniel Radcliffe's costumes from the movies. There were plenty of props from the movies like the Sorcerer's Stone, the Marauder's Map, and the envelope from the Albus Dumbledore himself. I personally enjoyed the Quidditch robes and all the memorabilia. My favorite part was when I saw the flyers from The Prisoner Azkaban there was 'blah blah blah blah blah' in small print on the very bottom. I absolutely loved the exhibit. If you're in the Seattle area anytime soon. I suggest you go.

"Curiosity is not a sin.... But we should exercise caution with our curiosity... yes, indeed."- Albus Dumbledore.

No comments:

Post a Comment