Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tuesday just redeemed itself.

Date: November 24th, 2010
Time: 11:44 am
Currently listening to: "Enter Sandman"- Metallica


So yesterday was a fantastic, terrific, mind blowing, remarkable, sensational, awesome, best day ever.

That's right folks: There is a God.

I woke up at 8:45 just to log onto my account and find the PLU website. First thing I noticed? UNIVERSITY IS CLOSED TODAY. I screamed at the top of my lungs and woke up my roommate who went back to sleep right after I told her. Then I ran down two flights of stairs to wake up my friend Maddie. I was so excited. After I went to Maddie's I went back to my room. Then, my first order of business? I went back to bed and slept like the dead.

After me and my roommate woke up, which was around 11:30, me, her, and a couple of my close friends trudged to Walgreen's to pick up some of the necessities. Christmas decorations. My mother already sent us lights and window stick-ums but we knew that wasn't enough.

We bought shatterproof ornaments (which are huge, colorful, and so glittery it looked like Ke$ha threw up on them) and a light up Mickey Mouse snowman. We are also completed with our Christmas window but not quite.

Then a couple of my friends came back to my room and we watched Double Rainbow, The Bed Intruder Song, and multiple kitty videos on YouTube. Then we googled the Queen of England and commented how scary looking she is and her smile reminds us of the Cheshire Cat.

But, the whole conservation for the day was: "do you think they'll cancel tomorrow?" "I don't know probably not. I hope they do. I wanna go home." I saw my whole floor leave to go home to visit their families and I wished I could leave with them.

Then around 4 or 5 my friend Lindsey, came streaming into the room, screaming that school was canceled Wednesday and that I could go home. I immediately dialed my friend whose brother was taking us home. She said he might not be up for it. But I was willing to beg, bribe, and whatever I had to do. I wanted to go home!

Then we went to dinner and met her brother. He said he would be happy to drive tonight. I was ecstatic. I was going to surprise my parents (who were thinking I was coming home the following day). My friend said we only had 45 minutes to pack. So I took one last bite of my dinner ran all the way to my room and told my roommate to hurry up! We only have 45 minutes to pack! We're leaving tonight!

And then, to wrap up this story. I'm home now. And the house already smells like the holidays. My roommate (who is from China) is home with me and is experiencing Thanksgiving and Christmas for the first time. I hope everyone has a safe and great Thanksgiving. I know I will.

"Turkey: A large bird whose flesh, when eaten on certain religious anniversaries has the peculiar property of attesting piety and gratitude" - Ambrose Bierce

No comments:

Post a Comment