Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Step One

Date: November 3, 2010
Time: 3:12 pm
Currently listening to: "The Drumming Song"- Florence + The Machine

One of my professors told me "I needed a creative outlet". So I resurrected this blog from the murky grave and decided "why the hell not?" I don't think anyone will read it besides my family, some friends, and the cat but what the hell ever.

So hello you nameless readers (and Mr. Whiskers),
My name is Emily. I'm eighteen and currently a freshman at Pacific Lutheran University which is nestled in the delightful town of Parkland, Washington.

I don't identify myself as a writer. Just a person who is good with words. I enjoy food, looking at photography, reading the classics, ranting, and long walks on the beach. No really.

I am a native to the Pacific Northwest but East Coast raised. So by default I am bitterly sarcastic and have no emotion whatsoever. I am a big indie music person. The Beatles, Florence + The Machine, and We Are Scientists are scattered in my iTunes library.

As an intended English major (go figure) I read a lot. My all time favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. It's one of those books that kids should read in the classroom but no one gives the credit it deserves. My current fave? Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. It's amazing piece of literature. Go read it.

This blog will contain my daily adventures of being a college student. Not that exciting but there's really nothing much else going on. Some days there will be a lot of things. Some days there won't. But isn't that how life works?

"The only greatness for man is immortality." - James Dean.

No comments:

Post a Comment