Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sometimes I lay under the moon and thank God I'm breathing.

Date: November 10, 2010
Time: 9:06 pm
Currently listening to: "One Day"- Matisyahu

One of my classes ended today. It was really weird. The class itself was really pointless but I am truly going to miss the people in that class. We all became this big family kind of group... thing. It was awesome. We wouldn't call it 'discussion' we would call it 'structured chilling'. We say 'hi' to each other when we see each other on campus and sometimes actually strike up a conversation. They were all there for me when I had a roommate issue and backed me up 100%. When class ended almost all of us were like 'awwww. I'm going to miss this.'

During this class, I got to reconnect with a old friend that I basically haven't talked to since we were in elementary school together. She posted a picture on her final presentation of me and her at her ninth birthday party. I was honestly really scared that it was going to be a bad picture (because let's face it. We were all 'the fat kid') but when I saw it I was honestly touched that she put it in there. We sat next to each other every day and I'm honestly going to miss it. I had a blast talking with her. About people that we both knew. About our boyfriends. About her tree frogs (haha). And about the good old days.

It's amazing how people can come back into our lives without warning.

I love college.

"It takes a long time to grow an old friend." - John Leonard

2 comments: